With the mild weather of the last few days, the gardener is finally starting to get busy. Here is a small list (non-exhaustive) of the small jobs that have been done.
- First mowing of the season
- Started to cut the dead Choisya ternata to pieces.
- Pruned from 50cm to 1m above the ground the clematis: Clematis ‘Guernsey Cream’, C. ‘Jackmanii’, C. ‘Samaritan Jo’, C. SAPHYRA Double Rose
- Pruned at 40cm : Penstemon ‘Garnet’
- Pruned Hibiscus syriacus Lavender Chiffon, Lavatera x clementii ‘Barnsley’ (the new specimen), Hydrangea paniculata PASTELGREEN
- Uprooted the dead Lavatera x clementii ‘Barnsley’.
While gardening, Papi Jo observes the development of the plants, and today had the pleasure of admiring the opening of a few flowers of the botanical tulip, which really heralds the return of spring to the garden.